Learning targets: active critical reading strategies, summary, prewriting
- Preview the questions on the quiz for Daniel Kahneman’s “Don’t Blink! The Hazards of Confidence.”
- Print, read and annotate Kahneman’s “Don’t Blink! The Hazards of Confidence.”
- Summarize the gist of each page. Circle any important words. Write down any questions you have. Put a question mark next to anything you don’t understand. Make notes that connect what Kahneman is saying to your own experiences making judgments, predictions, and decisions.
- Write a brief paragraph (2-3 sentences max) summarizing each of the 5 “chunks” of the Kahneman article.
- Study in preparation for the quiz. You should be able to answer the questions on the quiz from memory before concluding that you are finished studying.
- Post photos of at least three pages of your annotations on your ePortfolio.